With the right additives, the Clean In Place process, or CIP, can have many benefits when cleaning your production plant. The clean in place process allows you to have your equipment cleaned without having to move the equipment offsite to clean. This process uses additives and caustic soda to give your equipment a deep and effective clean. No matter what industry your production plant specializes in, cleaning your equipment is a key factor in the productivity of your plant.
Caustic Soda and its Uses
Caustic soda is very effective at naturally dissolving and saponifying as well as having germicidal effects. Its strong alkalinity gives it its great cleaning ability and is one of the reasons it has been used for years for many different applications. Not only is it very good as a cleaning agent, it also is relatively inexpensive. When caustic soda is paired with the right additives, it can be the perfect cleaning agent for the CIP process.
Consumption Benefits of CIP
- Can reduce caustic soda usage by 25 percent or more.
- Eliminates the use of many other chemicals.
- The systems will be cleaner to start with, the product production will maintain at a higher flow rate longer without additional steam.
- Reduces or eliminates hydro blasting evaporators.
CIP Productivity Advantages
- Decreases the amount of time needed to clean evaporators and
other heavily soiled equipment that increases production.
- Each system will clean faster, reducing the amount spent on
utilities such as gas, electricity, water, and wastewater treatment
- The total reduced time to clean will increase overall production
- Reduced cleaning time may allow for more cleaning of difficult
- equipment. This will depend on total production needs of the
- plant. Increased production is the ultimate goal of any cleaning
Implement the CIP Process
Keep in mind, after applying the CIP process, you may need to adjust cleaning schedules to insure everything is ready to run at the appropriate time. In total, using the CIP process at your production plant can improve your efficiency, decrease time spent, and decrease financial costs.