ClearSol ETOH-G CIP PreBatch 20+ is a formulated, GRAS surfactant & hard water
control additive designed specifically for ethanol plant CIP systems and is readily
soluble in up to 50% Caustic Soda for preparing caustic-based concentrates. When
diluted typically to 5% NaOH solutions for ethanol plant CIP cleaning applications, these
solutions provide very low surface tensions of 30 dynes/cm and can tolerate up to 25
grains (or 430 ppm) water hardness preventing scale build-up. These features greatly
improve ethanol plant CIP systems by improving yield, lowering maintenance costs,
reducing cleaning cycle times, and production stops. Also requires the injection of
ClearSol ETOH DEFOAMER (also GRAS) into the solution blend tank to control foam.
This brand new, innovative technology exhibits the following attributes when formulated
into a caustic-based cleaner:
• All components are GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe).
• Significantly improves ethanol plant CIP systems by improving yield,
lowering maintenance costs, reducing cycle times & production stops.
• Lowers surface tensions of 5% NaOH cleaning solutions to 30 dynes/cm
compared to 75+ dynes/cm of NaOH-only cleaning solutions.
• Controls hard water up to 25 grains (430 ppm) hardness, even in high-
temperatures preventing scale build-up unlike using NaOH alone.
• Can help reduce either the NaOH consumption or cleaning cycle times.
• Requires the use of ClearSol ETOH DEFOAMER (also GRAS) to be
injected into the cleaning solution blend tank to control foam.
• Applications include ethanol plant CIP systems, food, brewery, draft beer
lines, dairy, poultry, egg, car and truck, strong caustic or acidic cleaners.
Also includes paint and coating strippers, oil field, and pulp and paper.